Who can Join Us?
Individuals eligible for Queensboro Adult Day Care must be a minimum age of 18. They must also meet the following criteria for admission
- Be able to be out of bed and sitting up for at least six hours a day;
- Be able to bear weight on their lower extremities and need minimal assistance with transfer;
- Be able to eat with minimal physical assistance;
- Be able to be with other people for long periods of time without becoming upset, aggressive, angry or combative;
- Function within a structured setting without requiring more than one hour of one-on-one assistance a day;
- Be able to follow basic directions;
- Have health issues controlled enough for participation in a social day care program, not requiring acute medical intervention on an on-going basis;
If you have an idea or a request to enhance our service quality, click here to post your opinion.